How To Easily Implement A Weight Loss Workout Routine
I have to admit that the featured image disturbs me and the thought of taking down burgers and getting fat and unhealthy helps me keep momentum towards health. I hope it serves as a bit of motivation for you as well. For most of us, losing weight and burning fat motivates us to get in to the gym. When you’re ready to better your body, it’s all about trying to gain muscle and letting the world see your results. If fat is covering your muscles, all of your efforts are wasted because no results will be seen. The proper weight loss workout routine will be able to break down these barriers so that you see results faster than ever before.
But there are some harsh truths about fat burning workouts that everyone should know. Let’s talk about 3 things you need to do in order to be successful in losing weight.
1. You Must Change Your Diet
Want to chow down on McDonalds and have a whole pizza pie to yourself on Friday night? If you don’t change your diet, you might as well never go to the gym. Think of your weight loss workouts as a way to enhance your metabolism and caloric burn, but not as a way to lose weight alone.
There is a slight chance you can lose some weight while maintaining your current diet if you eat healthy, but the results will be very, very slow and small. Instead, you want to adhere to the following:
- Calculate your current body weight.
- Determine how many calories you need to eat a day to maintain your weight. Use this calculator.
- Eat fewer calories than what’s needed for maintaining your weight.
You’ll want to have a good mix of carbohydrates, protein and fat. Usually, a 35%, 35% and 30% split is recommended, but you will need to test and adjust your percentages as necessary. Obviously, you’ll need to cut out:
- Fast food
- Sugary drinks (soda)
- High calorie foods
Greens, fruits and protein are a good start. Fishes, lean meats and even good-for-you carbs, such as potatoes, are recommended. Good fats are also a necessity. Avocados are the best for getting the fat you need.
2. You Need to Put in Effort
Effort is the foundation of having a fit, chiseled body void of fat. Some people have disorders, yes, but the majority of people simply lack the effort and intensity to see optimal results. You need to do the following to see real results during your fat burning workout:
- Perform interval training.
- Work without long breaks. No cellphones, no talking to the pretty girl next to you and no procrastination.
- Perform every workout with insane intensity. When you think it’s hard enough, push harder.
The truth is that you don’t need to spend hours in the gym. Just take a look at the T25 program. A lot of people have seen insane results with T25, but they only need to hit the gym for 25 minutes at a time. In fact, the gym isn’t even required.
It’s more about what you do and how you do it than how long you do it.
If you’re unmotivated, think about how short your life is. One day you will be old, but if you take the proper steps now, you can live a very active life into your elder years.
3. Make a Plan
I hate making plans because they are boring and stressful, but with working out, you need a plan. Weight loss workout plans are pretty simple. Let’s see a sample that will get the ball rolling.
- Monday: Perform circuit training ensuring sets are done fast.
- Tuesday: Intense cardiovascular training.
- Wednesday: Full body workouts with a concentration on your core.
- Thursday: Intense upper body workout.
- Friday: Intense leg and cardio workout with burpees, squat thrusts and sprints.
If you hate jumping on the cardio machine, good; there are other options. Your heart needs to be pounding, and this is what a fast-paced workout provides. When you go to workout, you need to:
- Setup stations so you can go from one exercise to the next.
- Workout using circuits.
- Perform full body workouts that will engage more muscles and burn more fat.
If you’re done with a workout and your heart’s not pounding, you need to up your intensity. It’s ideal to devise a workout plan that provides you with some form of diversification. You need to change your routine every month or so in an effort to ensure your body doesn’t adapt to the stress. Doing this is easy. You can:
- Create a variety of workouts.
- Add in harder exercise variations.
- Increase the amount of weights or reps you do.
The worst thing that a weight loss workout routine can have is no room for altering the exercises. You need to be able to change up your workout and do so to reach your goals.
The rest is all pure science. Read up on what others recommend, watch what you eat, take supplements if necessary and consistently work out. If you can educate yourself on more exercises, do it. Weight loss is easy if you have immense dedication and get past the first few weeks of hating getting started.
You Might Also Like: How To Get Ripped Without Weights