The Best Workouts That Get You Ripped Without Weights
Are There Workouts That Get You Ripped Without Weights?
Think you need to lift weights to get ripped? Think again. With the right routine, you can achieve the body you want without ever having to pick up a barbell or dumbbell. The key is to perform challenging bodyweight exercises without giving yourself time to rest.
Workouts that get you ripped without weights are tough. Let’s take a look at how this training method works, a sample workout, and how you can take things further without the need for weights in just 25 minutes per workout at home.
How Getting Ripped Without Weights Works
Bodyweight workouts that will get your ripped don’t let up. You’ll move from one exercise to the next with virtually no rest in between.
These are the kinds of workouts that turn you into a pile of knotted limbs on the floor. These are the workouts that get you ripped fast.
There’s a name for this type of training, and you’ve probably heard of it. It’s called interval training.
It’s the same method of training used in some of the most popular workout programs, like Shaun T’s Focus T25.
And when you incorporate interval training into your full-body workouts, exciting things happen. You start seeing muscle growth, and you start losing that extra fat you’ve been carrying around.
But these workout routines aren’t easy. In fact, they’re probably harder than your typical strength training routine. See, when you move from one exercise to the next without stopping to rest, you get your heart pumping. You push yourself to the limits. You’ll burn more calories, and your body will have to spend more energy repairing itself.
If you’re performing functional, full-body exercises, you’re also working those smaller muscles that you’d miss if you were using weight machines.
The best part about this method of training is that it takes half the time of a normal routine to complete. All it takes is 30 minutes. Who doesn’t have 30 minutes? And the results are just as good – if not better – than a typical workout routine.
Body Weight Workout Routines to Get Ripped
Most of you are probably wondering how you can ripped without lifting weights. It’s possible, but there’s a difference between being ripped and being big.
If you want to learn how to get ripped – not big. If you want to learn how to become cut and lean – interval training is the answer.
If you want to look like a bodybuilder, you need to lift weights. It’s all about your own personal preference.
But don’t think that bodyweight workouts won’t give you that beach body you crave. You can still get that lean, cut look you want with this training method.
Now let’s get back to the above question. How can you get ripped without lifting weights? Let’s take a look at some bodyweight exercises to find out.
- Push-ups: A classic exercise that’s almost synonymous with military training. This one move works your shoulders, chest, abs, neck and triceps. Push-ups are challenging (go ahead, give me two rounds of 20), and because your pushing your own bodyweight, you’ll gain muscle.
- Pull-ups: You’ll need a pull-up bar for this exercise, but it’s one of the most effective exercises to improve upper body strength. It works back, biceps, triceps, deltoids and oblique muscles.
- Jump squats: Jump squats work a host of different muscles, including your quads, core, hamstrings, calves and glutes.
These three exercises are enough to work your entire body. And when you perform your sets using the interval training method (no rest in between), it’s easy to see how muscle growth is possible without weights.
Example Body Weight Workout Routine
Looking for a bodyweight workout that will have you looking lean and cut? Try this routine on for size. You’ll need a pull-up bar and parallel bars for this routine.
Perform all exercises in a row with no rest in between. This completes a round. Subtract one rep with each new round. Repeat for 10 rounds and until you’re only performing one rep per exercise.
- Pull-Up: 10 to 1 reps; No rest. Start out by hanging from the pull-up bar (substitute a jungle gym bar or very sturdy tree limb if necessary). Pull yourself up until your chin is above your hands. Repeat 10 times for round one. With each new round, perform one less rep until you’re only performing one rep.
- Jump Squat: 10 to 1 reps; No rest. Stand with your feet shoulder width apart. Squat down halfway, and jump. Land with soft knees and repeat. Follow the 10 to 1 repetition cycle described above.
- Dip: 10 to 1 reps; No rest. To start, hold your body up at arm’s length (with your arms locked) above the parallel bars. Lower your body so that your upper arms are parallel to the bars and you feel a slight stretch in your chest. Repeat. Follow the 10 to 1 repetition cycle described above.
On paper, these workouts sound easy, but when you actually do them, you’ll see just how challenging they are. With no rest in between sets, you’ll find yourself having to give your workouts everything you have. And that is exactly how you get ripped without weights.
You Might Also Like: Workouts That Get You Abs Fast