What’s The Best 30 Minute Workout At Home For You?
Finding the best 30 minute workout at home is not as daunting as it might seem. With the right mix of exercises at the right intensity level, you can achieve amazing results in just a half hour a day. And contrary to what you’ve heard, you don’t have to waste your life away in the gym just to get the body you want. Use these top 6 tips for the best 30 minute workout of your life.
1. Use Circuit Training
There’s a reason why athletes and fitness gurus make circuit training a part of their workout routines – it works. And it works well, too.
Circuit training requires you to perform a certain number of exercises in a row with little to no rest in between.
For instance, you may perform the following exercises in one circuit:
- Bench lift
- Squat jumps
Because you’re not giving your body any time to rest, this type of training will get your heart pumping. Not only will you be building muscle, but improving your endurance too.
Circuit training is similar to HIIT, only this method focuses on weight training rather than aerobic exercise. A mix of both circuit and high intensity interval training can really boost your results by improving your endurance and strength.
2. Focus on Big Muscle Exercises
Want to get more bang for your buck? Focus on “big” muscle, or whole body, exercises. These exercises will work multiple major muscle groups at the same time. Not only will you save time at the gym, but you’ll build muscle faster and burn more calories.
What are “big” muscle exercises? Here are some examples:
- Squats: Works your glutes, quads, hamstrings and calves. This one exercise will work your entire lower body. So, you can forget about doing those calf raises and leg extensions.
- Deadlifts: Deadlifts work your glutes and hamstrings, but they also work your upper body too. With this one exercise, you’ll also be working your forearms, neck, back and oblique muscles.
- Push presses: Like deadlifts, push presses work multiple muscle groups. However, the main muscles worked are the triceps and shoulders. But because your legs are also involved, you’ll be working your glutes, quads and hamstrings at the same time. To keep yourself stable and in an upright position, you’ll be engaging your lower back muscles and your torso.
- Pull ups: This exercise works multiple muscles in your upper body, including your middle and lower traps, biceps, shoulders, obliques, upper abdominal muscles, deltoids and the pectorals major.
These are powerful exercises that will work multiple muscles at once.
3. Less Is More
Do you really need to perform three exercises per muscle group? If you want to spend hours at the gym, you do. But fewer, big muscle exercises are really all you need to build the body you want.
Just look at some of the most popular workout programs, like Max Workouts. You’re only performing three exercises each session. It’s not about how many exercises you do, but how challenging the exercises are and how quickly you can perform them (while keeping good form of course). Focus on big muscle exercises and choose a weight that really challenges you for best results.
4. Forget the Gym – Get Outdoors
When you’re not lifting, you can work on your endurance with HIIT training. Alternating between rounds of sprinting and jogging will increase your stamina and give you a fantastic cardiovascular workout, which will improve heart health.
Outdoor workouts do more than just improve your conditioning. They’re great for the mind and spirit too. With all the time you spend indoors, your body will thank you for the fresh air and sunlight.
5. Invest in a Good Workout Program
If you want the best 30 min workout, you need to invest in a good training program. These programs are created by experienced professionals who know what it takes to achieve results. Unless you have years of experience, it’s best to purchase a pre-made workout program that gives you a proven blueprint to follow.
There are numerous programs on the market, but it’s best to look for ones that incorporate the traits we’ve listed here – mainly circuit training or HIIT. Max Workouts is a great option because it provides you with flexibility in the exercises you choose and works for people of all fitness levels.
6. Always Re-Evaluate Your Routine
There’s nothing worse than a stale workout routine. If you’ve been doing the same workouts day in and day out for months (or years), it’s time to make a change. The only way to keep progressing is to keep challenging yourself. Varying your workout routine or changing things up every few months or weeks will keep things fresh and help you avoid plateaus.
If you want to start seeing changes, you have to push yourself. And 30 minutes is all you need. Everyone can spare a half hour a day to improve their health and fitness, so get off the couch and start moving today.
You Might Also Like: The ultimate 30 minute home workout